L&L MM #29 – To CHRISTas Movies – 12022021 – FESCH.TV
CHRISTmas Lists – over the next 4 weeks we’ll explore various lists that I pray will help you explore, enjoy and know CHRISTmas for all that it truly is…and to start it off so you’ll have time to watch them…here’s the Top 6 CHRISTmas movies (IMHO) and why…in reverse order…
6) „How the Grinch Stole Christmas“ (all its various formats) because it captures the Spirit of CHRISTmas in fun-loving fashion and Dr. Seuss vernacular…how can you miss with that?
5) „Miracle on 34th Street“ (both 1947 and 1994 versions) because it brings the story of Santa Claus to life and helps us understand a little bit more about real faith – believing even when we can’t see, feel or understand.
4) „It’s A Wonderful Life“ not only because it’s one of the greatest movies and CHRISTmas classics of all time but because it shows the impact that one life has on so many other when he puts others above self…which is exactly what Christ has done for us and what He desires to do in and through all of us.
3) „A Charlie Brown Christmas“ – quote the greatest story of all… the mv CHRISTmas story on TV! PTL!
2) „A Christmas Carol/Scrooge“ (again in nearly all it’s versions) – Ami and I like the 1951 version with Alistair Sim playing Scrooge, who Charles Dickens describes as „a squeezing, wrenching, grasping, scraping, clutching, covetous, old sinner! Hard and sharp as flint,… secret, and self-contained, and solitary as an oyster.“ To see his life transformed, as Dickens alludes to, when the spirit of The Christ-child comes into his heart, moves me every time and says it all…and I pray you know Him in your heart! Which leads to…
1) „The Nativity Story“ – because this movie does a wonderful job, the best job, of telling the real story of CHRISTmas…Immanuel – God With Us…He became us so He could save us and this beautiful rendition of the story of this Incarnation – God becoming flesh in Christ is the best. Our family gathers together to watch this every CHRISTmas Eve and I shed a tear in the final scenes when we see the depiction of God as a Baby…Thank you God for sending us Your Son as our Savior and Lord! And don’t forget to check out the beautiful and incredible short movie from The Chosen entitled, „The Shepherd – A Story about the First Christmas“…
Thanks for joining us and for your prayers! Thanks always to The Lord! Make it a great CHRISTmas season and God bless in Christ!
Deinen Freunden empfehlen: